Spring is finally here and you’re itching to breathe some new life into your boring old kitchen but can’t afford a complete redesign. No problem! There are lots of small changes that can make a big difference when it comes to kitchen design. Here are a few ways to give your kitchen a mini-makeover.
1) Flowers - Adding a pop of color with some fresh flowers is a great way to brighten up your kitchen counter. Whether from your garden or a local florist, having fresh flowers around makes any kitchen feel cozier. Don’t have any vases handy? Throw your flowers in a mason jar with some sliced citrus fruit and voila, instant refresher!
2) Linens – Want to change up the color scheme in your kitchen but don’t have the budget for a paint job? Buy some new placemats, cloth napkins and hand towels and give your kitchen a new look for less!
3) Utensils – Add neutral or stainless steel jars and place colorful utensils inside them. Set these on your kitchen counters for an additional pop.
4) Decorative hardware - Decorative hardware aka cabinet jewelry can make a huge difference for little money. Don’t be afraid to make a bold statement using colorful handles or knobs.
5) Chairs – You may not be able to replace your kitchen cabinets, countertops or even your table right now, but you can create a new look by swapping out your current chairs or bar stools for a more modern look. You’d be surprised how much your chairs can change the look of your kitchen! Can’t afford to replace your chairs? Try adding some colored seat cushions or pillows and it’ll look like you did!
Have some ideas of your own on ways to revitalize your kitchen on a budget? Share with us in the comments, we’d love to hear!